Not sure what to get someone for Christmas?
Driving lesson gift vouchers available – the perfect Christmas gift
Available in any number of lessons, valid for 6 months
Vouchers can be personilsed with your Christmas messages.
Learning to drive – the ultimate gift that keeps giving for the rest of your life.
The Highway Code applies to England, Scotland and Wales. It’s essential reading for everyone. Here’s a reminder about driving in fog.
When driving in fog you should:
– use your lights as required
– keep a safe distance behind the vehicle in front. Rear lights can give a false sense of security
– be able to pull up well within the distance you can see clearly. This is particularly important on motorways and dual carriageways, as vehicles are travelling faster
– use your windscreen wipers and demisters
– beware of other drivers not using headlights
– not accelerate to get away from a vehicle which is too close behind you
– check your mirrors before you slow down. Then use your brakes so that your brake lights warn drivers behind you that you are slowing down
– stop in the correct position at a junction with limited visibility and listen for traffic. When you are sure it is safe to emerge, do so positively and do not hesitate in a position that puts you directly in the path of approaching vehicles.
From the DSA
You need your Driving Test Theory test pass certificate in order to book your practical driving test.
In case you loose it you can now retrieve it by going to http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/Doitonlinemotoring/DG_202390 with your valid driving licence number and date of birth
With all the rain we are having – take extra care when driving, walking or cycling.